Saturday, October 18, 2008

ROWDY DARLING

its time i wrote about the sweetheart for whom i was staying awake all night to wish her on her birthday. in that blog, i was kinda complaining about her not answering my call. but here comes a blog to tell how chweet and adorable she is to me.

well here begins my story with this sweetheart shalini reddy.
i was into st andrews high school, secunderabad from playschool. but there was a senior and main branch in bowenpally where i studied from class 5. in class 7 i met this girl whose class teacher was my aunt Mrs. Umaa Rajamani. i used to go my aunt's class almost everyday during the breaks. at that time, i met this girl, she was a boss of the class. i kept a distance from her at that time.
then we happened to bump into each other during high school. in class 10 we were both put in the same class. by that time, my aunt had retired. so our topic of discussion was mainly about my aunt for a while. we were in a group of the most demented set of folks. so we both got together to talk other things than my aunt. we then sat close to each other. i observed her and understood that she is a bold rowdy darling to the people. we were the two dynamic people fo our class. we had a boring teacher later...
but most of the times say 99.89% we used to fight..
one instance which kept us silent towards each other till farewell was this one:
we were all working for a class magazine. i was writing many articles for it and our teacher asked me and shalini to write an article together. i still remember it so vivid it was an article on time. i started, she thought of continuing, when she was concentrating on her thoughts keeping her eyes closed to get into the mood to give a good one, i had already written one in a flow and submitted it to the teacher. that really pissed her. the teacher was fine with it. my ego at that time did not permit me to tell that we did it. i endorsed and told her that it was solely done by me. that was itttt... we dint talk to each other till farewell. the previous day of farewell where we were given lamps to carry till our class from the AV room, we all broke into tears and thats when we broke our silence. we were just ok in the farewell also. but later thinking of all the funny things and nice memories we had together, we missed each other during our inter first year.
i had changed my house. she had the new address in her slam book. she was not sure about my phone number. she wrote me a letter without her address for me to reply.. all that day i was calling up almost everyone from school to get her phone number. the phone number i gave in her slam book was same. but her's had changed. i did not get her number at all. then i digged out my slam book and got her address... i had written a letter of 3 pages that was the second letter i had ever written. i sent this letter somewhere in january and it reached her in january...(but now i send letters out of state and it reaches in 3 days). both of us were in corporate colleges. we could never meet but we always used to yap over the phone. we finally made it after our inter first year exams. shalini, aunty, amma and myself went to rang de basanti. there were interesting things that happened that day. i had organized an alumni meet that day with a few more friends. yapping over the phone, and meeting occasionally, we became really good friends. anytime in life, i d give maximum priority to her. there is nothing i hide from her. shes made of a unique magic, and i always cherish the time i spend with her.
i wish that she has all her dreams fulfilled. both of us have dreams of settling abroad. whoever goes first, will take the other along.
we ve not written each other testimonials to describe to anyone how we like each other. but we believe that theres something more that testifying to the world.
i was a stubborn girl, which i realized after being her friend. and that habit now continues only with mom and shalini. she so fine with it as long as i dont extend it to be stubborn with anyne else. she hates watching movies with me, we ve seen only one movie till date, and her reason is that 3 hours in the cinema theatre is a sheer waste of time, and we can yap LOTS during that precious time.
i d forgotten her birthday once, but shes never forgotten mine. shes always the first one to wish me. she has a special place even in my family, for i ve made sure that my family members know how much shalini means to me. she is another mother, a sister, and needless to say, my best friend. shes also given me a comfort zone with her family. i dont know if we would have been so close if we were sisters. pal theres lots more to come about u&me. may u get all the best of happiness and joy, loads of love forever.
Amritha

No comments: