Saturday, August 8, 2009

trouble maker

besides almost lamenting on the fact that i ve purposely missed out a lot in life, i also realised that i have never been a proper prankster. the maximum trouble i ve ever given my parents is that i never eat my food properly. i ve never played any concrete prank all my life. (have to include that in the list and start the music :P)
so here goes my story from day one:
when i was a kid, i never ate my food at all. so here is what my dad did: turned the house into a zoo so that i watch all the animals eat and realise that the social animal-the human also has to eat to survive. we had a cage of birds, dogs, turtles, 20 fish tanks (its not an exageration. my house did have all this. besides i knew very well to handle them when dad was away on work, although i was not given the worms to feed them, i also knew how to feed the fish well. by that age, i could name all the fishes.)
heres what mom did: since i never ate, i used to get hospitalized about once a week or once in two weeks. she would take me out for a drive for them to inject the butterfly for the saline. by that time they would have given me a sedative and i would fall asleep in the drive. (i really pity my mom because the worst hit out of my starvation has been my mom)
once, in the time to take me out on a drive, she took me to my aunt.s house. i ran to the table and said "I AM HUNGRY" and hogged. my poor mom was standing by the door and asked my aunt to keep quietand serve me food without asking any questions. after devouring, i fell asleep (sedative remember?) and then she narrated why i was brought to her house. later she had to request the hospital to discharge me because i had my food.
there is a good old friend of my parents Mr. shashidhar reddy. he could not bear seeing the way my parents struggle to feed me a meal a day. so he gave me a bar of chocolate and told them that the necessary calories will be provided by the chocolate. so wherever my parents go, they used to buy me bags of chocolates.(although i did suffer the after effects of hogging chocolates). i remember that whenever they want to do some serious shopping, they would first go but a packet of chocolates, give it to me, make me sit in a corner and go shopping. i d happily finish it by the time they are done with theirs. And greater problem they had in this chocolate thing was that i never compromised with indian chocolates (yeah those days the maximum was crackle that was tasty.) so they have to arrange for chocolates from other countries.
speaking of food from other countries, i m reminded how i could not digest indian food as an infant. so my dad had to buy some baby food from singapore, and to cook that, a microwave is needed, so my parents were the first to buy a microwave in the family.
then now coming back to when i was a kid, grown up enough to properly trouble them. my dad could not bear it anymore. he bought a syringe and would have it beside me and threaten me that he would inject me if i dint eat my food. yet, i d trouble them all possible ways, and it would invariably poke my mom. ( i still stick to what i said that i pity my mom as she was the major victim). my mother was all the more hurt, because all the cousins used to have that free space with her to have their food, but i never ate food. dad used to get the best of almonds from the world and make badam kheer, and push it into my mouth, and the next minute i would puke it out.
the trend has not changed even today. my mom packs lunch everyday (almost). and i never eat it, and return the box after a few days with fungus on the food i ve never touched (this has happened about times). so she got annoyed and would not make lunch for me anymore. so i used to eat a small morcel in the morning, and no lunch, then a small grun when i actually feel that i should not be further lazy and eat my dinner somewhere around 9 or 10 at night. this has been happening for a really long time. and now when i was hospitalised, i was diagonised as acute gastritis and i was given 3 injections a day intravenous as treatment.
i end this post with a hope that i dont further ruin my health nor trouble my mom any further.

1 comment:

எல் கே said...

this is bigger trouble for parents amzu.. as a father i know how much it bothers us when the kid refust to take food.. dont spoil ur health urself