Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

The day began well today. I was pretty much looking forward to seeing positive things in future that i totally forgot that its mother's day today till i got sms from friends asking me to wish my mother. (what could make it get worse?)
I had been trying to expect the best - Prepare for the worst - Capitalize on what comes and make an honest effort to improve on yesterday that i totally forgot about today. Besides working on my projects, i had some more priorities to finish. By the time i could finish them, it was afternoon and i was exhausted. It so happened that today me and my mother had a historic fight. We never fought like this before (psst.. we fight normally like any mother and daughter would. but this time it went a little overboard. There have been times where people have asked us "u both NEVER fight is it?" and we silently smile at each other)
Then, i began to think about the opinion i have about my mother-
A taunter to make me rebelliously succeed, and an unconditional lover to keep me on hold within normal limits.
Its her taunts that makes me rebellious and successful- so she aint no enemy- even if she is i need her.
And of all things, i dont want her to change.
At the end of everything, i asked myself "is this what it means to love"
Finally i cooled the situation by getting her an ice cream after a hot day.

1 comment:

shalini reddy said...

Neva mind sweets...I've done ur job !!!