Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Nostalgia

When i went to the temple in the morning before my classes, i saw the same children who were running around in bright coloured dresses seriously walking by in their uniform- evidently vacations have ended and school has reopened again.
It was really a nostalgic moment. I was reminded as to how i felt on the school reopening day. My school would generally reopen on the 12th of june- they somehow love that number 12-6. by the tenth of june, we would go to school buy the new books, a new uniform, new shoes, new lunch box, new everything as a ransom to go back to study.
The first day is generally a half working day. A new classroom, a new class teacher, same old friends grown up a year older than before, some grown more adamant, some really grown out, everyone equally excited and enthusiastic.
That was the only day in the entire academic year when i liked to eat a nice lunch, but as it would be a half day, i would return home for lunch. I don't remember even one day where i was enthusiastic about my lunch. As i said earlier in some post, that's perhaps the reason why i turned myself into a good cook. Well now there's lot of good food, but no hunger to eat it.(Life goes on).
The first day was the special day where my interest towards studying every subject was at its peak!
When we shifted to bowenpally, we started enjoying a thrill to scare every newbie coming in by explaining them the army style punishment of school when the hair was not well oiled, or nails were not trim, or the shoe polish(we were made to carry a cloth in our pocket to keep the shoe really shiny eternally within the school campus)
Then when we came to high school, we grew out of it and used to be amused at the way the elementary level kids would scare the newbies.
about 13 years of school education has finished 5 years back, and it all seems like a quickly forgotten midnight dream.
I have not been able to visit school after i wrote my 10th class exam. I am in touch only with a few friends who have been real good friends then and remain to be the same even now.
Today, theres a reunion- but i am not going to be attending it as i am uncomfortable about the location. And its just that i want to be left alone now.
I m really surprised as to how i dont miss myself in a school uniform, waiting for my bus, or running behind it when i almost miss it(reallly funny moments). May be it is because i have accepted my life now as agrown up going to work every morning, doing all things for myself and my home. I am now all set to see myself going to work typically in the morning and return back home with a lot of things to share with people.
Work has begun and i m enjoying it.
but the nostalgic moments of school bring about a long lost childish smile onto my face even today. that is just enough for me to cherish.

No comments: