Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chennai

For a long time i thought that the word cooum in tamil literally meant a stinky drainage. i realized that it is actually a proper water body that has been fully polluted that nobody can even stand near it. recently when i went to chennai, i heard that people there are planning to clean up the cooum for nostalgic reasons that once upon a time it was a nice place for people to go on boat rides. And more so after the movie "Madrasapattinam". i rather think the guys are doing it for amy jackson (obvious reasons associated with nostalgia that i neednt specify here :P ) [jeez, we need angrez now again for us to realize some tehzeeb or cleanliness,etc]
Well that was something important i wanted to mention here besides a few more things about my trip down south.

I was so bored on the very first day when i went. thankfully i was staying at my cousin's place as i landed there. although my cousin doesnt stay there now, paati, uncle and aunty make nice company. that was a perfect moment for me to declare to my mom that i am not attending the wedding reception. And i dint. i went out with all of them and had a good outing. i felt chennai was no worse than hyderabad. Well according to my own theory/ statement of chennai, i should be torturing myself for not disliking chennai now or should label myself as eccentric. i liked some parts of the city, sans the central station(or egmore for the matter of fact) which i eternally detest for its humidity and stink. Then about the transport facility there, one of the most amazing transport facilities i ve seen. in hyderabad, i d wait for a bus not less than half an hour unless i have a really lucky day.
I had one of the most hectic plans for my travel this time. and all over down south, i loved the travel be it in the auto, or taxi or in the bus.
then i returned back to chennai. attended the other wedding also. and before that i went for some shopping and i was overwhelmed. all those things gave me a really good zeal to work really hard to be able to afford all those things in life. well, not that i cannot afford them but want to have all that with my own money.
Then last but not the least- pirated cds. Well, i dont want to tell where exactly i found them. but bought 2 movies. i dont quite support piracy anymore after watching those movies. they were not worth my effort.
i know i m ending it quite blunt here. but thats a brief description about my vacation.

2 comments:

Nandhini said...

Not that I cannot afford them, but want to have all that with my own money.

- That's the spirit, Amzu. :)
And hey, I know from where you would've got the Pirated cds. :D Sad that it wasn't worth the buy! What movies were they? Like you said, transport grid here is well structured. I don't think I need to elaborate on it. My Thrilling Thursday travel's a proof of how well the city remains connected. And cleaning up the Couum? Big sham! All these Amy Jackson crazy fellows vowed to do such a thing.. It never happened anyway! Hmph!

tropical iceberg said...

One was Madrasapattinam as you can guess, the other was naan mahaan alla. The second movie got over by just fast forwarding. Dirty action !

Regd cooum, Chennai urupdave urupdaadhu! Plus the statistics Govind was telling about pollution levels at T Nagar! I really wish some miracle happened to Chennai