Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Secret Of the Nagas by Amish

(I think this is the first book review that I am writing in my blog.)
This book, Secret of the Nagas is the sequel to the first- The Immortals of Meluha, which was pretty good, and ended with a suspense to make me grab my copy of the sequel on the day it released.
The second book lived up to the suspense although the actual secret can be known if you just read the last line in the last page. The pages till there are worth the read though.
The story is convincing, as to how one could justify God as a human or human as God. What I saw in the book was, to search the God within us. And what makes one strong and powerful enough to be worshiped or rather eternally remembered in glory.
To understand the approach of the author towards the characters, you should read the first book. 
The second book explains in human terms as is the style of the author in this series, the relation in the Shiva-Sati family.
Some secrets rather enlightening knowledge is seen in the conversations between the Lord and the Vasudev pandits, and overall the book doesn't disappoint the readers. I found these more interesting than the real secret itself.

I certainly felt that the language/writing style could have been a lot better.

Yet, I await the third one which Amish, I guess is going to start this October. 

Currently reading: The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck.
Next: want to grab the Millenium series, but The Money Changers by Arthur Hailey is on queue followed by Yes Minister which I am supposed to return to Suwarna.
Current track: Mona re- Bombay Vikings

No comments: