Monday, January 23, 2012

Mujhe Mil Jo Jaye Thoda Paisa

I generally have a habit of ending my posts mentioning the current track that is on my mind or playing on the player.
But this time, I am going to dedicate a whole post for this song. It has a beautiful nostalgia associated with it.

This song, was composed by Agosh, and was released somewhere in the 90s. It would come on MTV, and on i TV. And yes, the elders so detested us for watching those channels. (Seriously, things were not that bad back then.) So the wait for it to come on channels like Sony or Star would be a greater wait and pain.

There have been plenty of songs in the 90s that have taught us many things and entertained us better than the new ones. May be that is what makes them so special that we grew up listening to them. Music was not that easily available back then. You would have to ceaselessly try making STD calls to channels to play your favorite song, or buy an incredibly expensive video CD which would have a maximum of 10 songs. If budget was a problem, we had casette that would be used for recording all the new songs, and getting permission from parents to play music on the tape recorder would be an ordeal. Then came the rights to use the walkmen, but even then, budgeting was a problem with the ones which needed batteries.
There were several other things that made listening to music a memorable hobby. Now music has evolved from being a hobby to a part of life. I am glad about this change. Rather I am happy that I have been throughout this evolution.
So here is this song, one of my favorites, which reminds me of how we felt back then, and how we have made an effort to make changes that we actually dreamt back then.
Mujhe mil jo jaye thoda paisa. (If I d get some money)

If people still have this song on their iPOD or phone, they would certainly listen to it every month end or in the beginning of a new job/career. 
Life has beautifully changed and progressed. If you are a person who has not lived in the 90s, I hope this song inspires you to get over whatever complaints you have with your time now, and be the change you expect.
I would say that I live up to the changes I expected when I heard the song back then. Many of us have, and hope we inspire you all pretty well.
The song has English subtitles(if you don't understand Hindi), and it describes "all" the problems "we" had, and all what we expected in terms of financial life.

No comments: