Friday, March 16, 2012

One Life Well Lived

I was inspired to write this article after listening to Amitabh Bachan sing this song. Although he is old, and you can evidently feel it in his voice, you cannot deny that it adds a significant weight to the meaning of the song. 
Amitabh Bachan in this song inspires me of how I would want to be even when I am as old as he is. This is how AB has influenced me with this song.

Follow this wiki link to find out the meaning of the lyrics, and you would find the video clip here.

           One Life Well Lived !!!

Having something nice to tell even when i can't hear clearly myself

Having something nice to sing out even my voice has worn out

Having things to show my younger ones even when my eyesight starts to wane

Being able to inspire people to live another day, even if I myself am struggling to respire comfortably

To straighten up smiles even after my face has wrinkled

To show people a way to travel, even if my knees don't support me to walk anymore

To leave something worth reading, even if my fingers don't support me to write anything

To show people that you can live to the fullest till you die.

To be of the best use till the moment I die even if I have walked all alone

To be able to spread love even when my heart stops beating


3 comments:

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

Nice attempt .. .. ideal things .. good things
positive things . unreleastic may be. But realistic for a few I guess.

Nandhini said...

It sounds a bit far-fetched to me. Even following up with one of these looks tough to me, leave alone trying to abide by all these virtues.. But we all can try. :) Fantastic lyrics, in all. Great to read, but definitely tough to stick to. Nice! I'll do some read-up later! Thanks for sharing Amzu.

INDIRA SHUKLA said...

Beautiful lines amritha! The poem is excellent, the thought around it is just wonderful and the meaning it conveys is so deep that it makes one feel strongly about doing something for the world!