Saturday, August 7, 2010

Education System In India

For those of you expecting my critical comments on this topic, i am very sorry to disappoint you.
I dont care about the system as such. If i start cribbing about this, then i ll be led to a series of systems and land up in a conclusion that the system of my very existence is pathetically mundane. its like this column in face book or orkut where you are expected to provide your political views. believe me the opinion about the educational system in India would have as many rebellious opinions as the political views.

Here s what happened. A few days back we were given an assignment on this topic and asked to take a side for a debate. fortunately i did not attend the debate due to some personal reason. the very sight of the topic made me feel drained.
but then yesterday, i felt i should give it a thought, and let all the voices in my head speak out their opinion and come up with a summary.

I began thinking for myself without considering any other Indian kid as an example.
I was put in one of the most prestigious school since my play school. Then, in a corporate junior college, and then a good enough degree college. I have no complaints about my life in general in college. But when i think of in terms of intellectual growth, i really feel ashamed of myself for having wasted 3 years of my life. when i just completed my graduation, i came across a quote which said "about 80% of a person's intelligence is irreversibly damaged in due course of education of a 20 years of life". i realized how freakingly true it was. i was all hyper by the time i joined ug. and today, after having finished it, i feel i have got nothing to fly high in life according to my capacity/ ability.
here, the one to be blamed is not the educational system, but my very self. i regretted for choosing a typical college life which kinda promised me a definite future. what i actually keep seeking is an in depth knowledge in almost every amazing thing that i could come across. may not particularly master it or become a teacher in that field, but know everything i should to be able to enjoy it well with all its essence.
since school, i ve not been much of playground kid, but more a library kid. the world is the largest library with things happening live for you to learn, and i had certainly grown up enough to go through that learning. today when i see the road i had wrongly chosen before my degree, i repent. but i dont want to repeat my mistake again. i am now a free bird and i am "investing" my time on learning what all i could from the world.
For those people wondering how at all this could be interesting, its very simple.
1. Travel- its the most intense form of learning.
2. Read- find your own book and go ahead. dont expect some system to tell you what topics you should be reading. See what interests you, try to explore new things all by yourself.
3. Listen to a lot of music. try to sing out. even if you are not a very good singer. Play some musical instrument. Sometime during this process, you are sure to get bored or tired. you must have some recreation.
4. Go for some adventure sport. enjoy that adrenaline gush.
5. Work. doing all this is not cheap or economical. Worse- parents would surely not like this.
*DISCLAIMER* the above mentioned are safe to imply only after you are grown up enough to go out into the world with a strong foundation of grooming.
I have chosen to be this way hoping to fill my blog with lots of adventures, excitements and learning in my journey.

current track: para para pattaampoochi- katradhu tamizh

No comments: