Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A significant Decision

Till last Sunday, I was cribbing about few particular people who get a job done out of me, and forget about it when it comes to giving me my credits/recognition. Worse, I was pushed away having my age as a factor(I never even received anything like "thank you" to add up to my frustration). So at about Saturday, I decided to put an end to it by reminding these certain people of my age whenever I would have to oblige them.

The plan was all set, and I was relieved. Sunday was an event, and I was dropped back home by a friend who is pretty senior to me by age, and I happened to quote this situation and my decision. This is what she said as a reply "Welcome to the real world, where you shall not find recognition at all no matter what you do. You just have to accept it and keep going on. And this will be so till you die"
It struck me real hard, and made me think the whole night. I am a person who believes "You are never too young to work on anything, you are never too late to reach out to your heart"
Indeed, I worked on things that came from my heart. I take pleasure in working even on weekends or late nights at times. I then decided that if I chose to ignore comments made at me for working at odd hours which means nothing to me, I should ignore the "need" to be recognized. As long as my work has touched my heart, I have got the best recognition.
And like I spoke in my previous post, I would be living happily than surviving on credits/appreciation given by others which most certainly wont always be genuine.
I took a moment to go through this picture and use the logic in it in my life. Things that I want to do to make sure I always reach out to my own heart.

1 comment:

Nandhini said...

Good to see a spirit lifting post like this one, once in a while! Remember - the journey is long, and it's only against yourself until the end.. :)