Sunday, April 15, 2012

U Turn

It has not been even two complete weeks since I returned that I have started planning for another major outdoor activity far far away from home (and worse, reduce my bank balance which is on an all time low).
Its a rather strange time of life where I prefer to travel than arrive. I have not yet concluded if this is something that I see in me which has been a part of many great people, if it is a spark of greatness, or is it just that I prefer this to stay away from a few things, or if it is something out there I need to discover, or whatever the reason could be, the truth is that the feeling of having arrived doesn't make me feel anything great.

I came back from the North of India covering few places. Few years back my mom took me to Kanyakumari, and this time we went toghether to Jammu and Kashmir, practically covering the two ends of the country. But I am just not contended yet. I would rather say that J&K have made me all the more want to travel (with a good camera of course). It is a U turn I decide to take when I have been thinking how hopeless and helpless I am with my life.

For the extremely odd adventure that I choose to take in my travels, I would prefer not putting my mom through all that stress and strain, and rather travel alone. I am not sure if I am going to announce to my friends about this intention or the exact plan considering my previous experience that it is always a big flop when I make big plans by discussing aloud with people. But again, like I recently read in the blog of an inspiring person, I should not let the probability of failing stop me from dreaming.

The best part of this is that my room looks beautiful with my dreams. I ve made posters and charts systematically planning my future for the next six months. The big encouragement I get is "If this dream can make my room look so beautiful, it will surely enrich my experiences in life, and make my present a pleasant past in the future".

Nandhini's mom has told her that she can go as far as she wants. I am not sure if she would want to join me on a trip yet. There is a lot to decide, and a lot more to implement, implying that there will be a lot more to think and even more to write here. I hope to see a day where this banal blog of mine becomes a wonderful travelogue.

I am keen on exploring places in my own country that I haven't.  Rest in the next.

Current track (playing): Meter Down - Taxi 9211

 

No comments: